Wednesday, August 4, 2010

reluctant.


"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - Buddha

I am determined that by the end of the summer, I will become more fluent in understanding the art of buddhist philosophy, with regards to their view on anatta, or "insubstantiality of the ego".

To develop one's self, is actually one of the most challenging aspects of self-realization. Although we may be comfortable with our bodies, and who we are, we still face the many insecurities - many on a daily basis.
Personally, I always seem to find anything and everything to stress over; whether it'd be about school, family, friends, or even little events that come on a rare note, stress piles up, and leaves me feeling a little more insecure about myself.

As I sat on my desk and read hundreds of passages concerning buddhist philosophy, I realized that my mind suddenly cleared: It's fascinating how words can play a vital role in manipulating our emotions. Throughout the time reading up Buddhist Philosophy, I came across these words from Thich Nhat Hanh:

"Live your daily life in a way that you never lose yourself. When you are carried away with your worries, fears, cravings, anger, and desire, you run away from yourself and you lose yourself. The practice is always to go back to oneself."